My favourite green smoothie
It took me a while to get in to green smoothies, the thought of adding spinach to my morning smoothie really didn’t appeal! But now I love them, full of nutrients and a great start to the day. Here’s the recipe for my favourite green smoothie of the moment!
Ingredients (makes 2 glasses)
- A large handful of spinach
- 1/3 of a cucumber or half a small cucumber
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- Seeds from half a vanilla pod
- 1 tbls of almond butter
- 1-1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- One capsule of probiotic powder (simply open the capsule and add the powder into your smoothie) – optional
Add everything to your blender and blend (I love how simple it is to make a smoothie!).
Nicky’s nutritional facts
As a kid you’re always told to eat your greens and there’s a reason, they’re packed full of nutrients. Spinach is high in calcium and vitamin K, both are important in bone health. Other nutrients include iron, folic acid, vitamin B6, beta-cartone and vitamin C.
Banana’s are full of vitamin B6 and potassium. With their sugar and fibre content, they make a good energy boost.
- I use a high speed blender for my green smoothies to make sure all that spinach is nicely blended.
- I use measuring cups; 1 cup is 250ml
- I don’t like my smoothie too sweet so I only add half a banana, if you want it a bit sweeter add a whole banana.
- If you don’t have a frozen banana just add a banana and then a handful of ice.
- If you don’t have vanilla pods, you can use half a teaspoon of vanilla extract instead.
The Natural Medicines Database https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com
Nicky Duffell is a nutritional therapist and health coach who works with clients to improve their health and wellbeing. With over 17 years experience in the corporate world Nicky uses her experience of coaching senior executives to help clients gain control of their health and achieve their goals. She’s a Mum of two beautiful children and know’s what it’s like to juggle family and work. Nicky is passionate about food, health and her family. After life took her on a few twists and turns she started this blog to share everything she’s learnt. You can follow Nicky on Instagram for all her food inspiration and health tips.