Roasted vegetables has to be one of my favourite things. The great thing is that you can add roasted veg to anything; to a bowl of quinoa sprinkled with feta, to a nice plate of salmon with brown rice and you can add it to pasta too.
This recipe is designed for batch cooking, so will give you enough for 2-3 meals depending on how you use them. You can also try different herbs.
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
1 red onion
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes or baby plum tomatoes
2-3 cloves of garlic
2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil
1-2 teaspoons dried thyme
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C; I use a fan assisted oven
2. Chop all the vegetables
3. Melt the coconut oil, take off the heat and mix the garlic into the oil
4. Cover the vegetables with the oil and the thyme; make sure all the vegetables are covered (get your hands messy, Jamie Oliver style!)
5. Pop in the oven and cook for 35 minutes, turning half way through
6. Add to a meal of your choice or allow to cool and pop in the fridge for later in the week