Here’s the recipe for my favourite orange and blueberry muffins, give them a try!
I’ve always loved muffins and wanted to find a healthy version, these definitely do the job. Inspired by a recipe from Gwyneth Paltrow’s book, It’s all good, I experimented with flavour combinations and these were my favourite. And I have been known to eat 2 in one day!
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
2 cups of brown rice flour
1 tsp of xanthan gum
2 tsp of baking power
2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of maple syrup (add another 1/3 if you like it sweeter)
1 tsp of orange extract
1 cup of almond milk
juice and zest of 1 orange
1-2 cups of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl, add the orange zest.
- Then mix all wet ingredients; olive oil, maple syrup, orange extract, almond milk and orange juice (I do this in my food processor).
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and then add the blueberries.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases and divide the mixture